GTAVice.net
Navigation
Home What's New? News Forum Info FAQs
Audio
Soundtrack
Hints and Tips
Guides Cheats
User

Welcome, Guest. If you have an account, please log in below.

Login
Register

Need an account? Registration is now open!

Create an Account
GTAVice.net Background Image

Bug Reports & Feature Requests

Replies
Created
Views
Psy's Avatar Image
Psy Staff
Posted (Edited)
Posted (Edited)

As these forums are completely bespoke, there's every chance a few small bugs crept into the code. If you spot something that's not working correctly, or something that can be improved from a User Interface perspective, let me know and I'll work through any issues.

Hope you enjoy the forums!

- Psy

Edited by Psy
MrMister81's Avatar Image
Posted
Posted

Maybe a feature request, maybe operator error - can I set a custom avatar? As much as I'm enjoying my current selection, I gots to have my Phil Collins...

Psy's Avatar Image
Psy Staff
Posted
Posted
Replying to MrMister81
Posted
Maybe a feature request, maybe operator error - can I set a custom avatar? As much as I'm enjoying my current selection, I gots to have my Phil Collins... 

Going to add that in soon. Haven't decided if you'll have to upload it or I'll let you hotlink it from another host.

gtagrl's Avatar Image
gtagrl Staff
Posted
Posted

I Was There - Trailer Edition Visit the forums on the day a GTA VI trailer was officially released by Rockstar Games ^This award should have unlocked for anyone who was around yesterday. It might be a year before we see the next one

Psy's Avatar Image
Psy Staff
Posted
Posted
Replying to gtagrl
Posted
I Was There - Trailer Edition Visit the forums on the day a GTA VI trailer was officially released by Rockstar Games ^This award should have unlocked for anyone who was around yesterday. It might be a year before we see the next one

Well spotted. I actually need to trigger that one manually because it wasn't configured in time

for the trailer to launch but I should be able

to get it updated for everyone tomorrow.

Psy's Avatar Image
Psy Staff
Posted (Edited)
Posted (Edited)
Replying to MrMister81
Posted

This functionality is now live. You can upload an image (or choose from your forum uploads) to use a custom avatar. I decided that the images need to be uploaded directly to the site rather than hosted elsewhere so that I can guarantee the files exist.

It's also technically possible to use an animated gif or animated WebP image, but currently the website image system can't resize animated images so you should upload an animated image at exactly 100x100 pixels if possible. This website is pretty good for cropping and editing animated gifs.

I still need to do more dev work to make it possible to post your own uploaded animated gifs on the forum though.

You can edit your avatar from your Manage Profile Page.

Edited by Psy
Psy's Avatar Image
Psy Staff
Posted
Posted
Replying to gtagrl
Posted

Triple post, yikes!

I've unlocked the award for everyone who was online on the 4th or 5th of December. Whenever the next trailer is announced, I'll make sure the code is updated to detect when people have been online so it unlocks automatically, but this is a one time unlock so if you got it this time, it's already completed.

gtagrl's Avatar Image
gtagrl Staff
Posted (Edited)
Posted (Edited)

Thanks very much, Psy! Nice to have my Bean Machine back 😎

Edited by gtagrl
MrMister81's Avatar Image
Posted
Posted
Replying to Psy
Posted
This functionality is now live. You can upload an image (or choose from your forum uploads) to use a custom avatar. I decided that the images need to be uploaded directly to the site rather than hosted elsewhere so that I can guarantee the files exist. It's also technically possible to use an animated gif or animated WebP image, but currently the website image system can't resize animated images so you should upload an animated image at exactly 100x100 pixels if possible. This website is pretty good for cropping and editing animated gifs. I still need to do more dev work to make it possible to post your own uploaded animated gifs on the forum though. You can edit your avatar from your Manage Profile Page.
Edited by Psy

Ahhhh, that's the stuff. Thanks!

TreeFitty's Avatar Image
TreeFitty Staff
Posted
Posted

Need a way to delete uploaded files on the forums. Otherwise going to be a LOT of unnecessary storage.

Also a search feature for the forums unless I am completely missing it.

Hi Guest! If you'd like to join in with the conversation, please Register for an account and Log In.