GTAVice.net
Navigation
Home What's New? News Forum Info FAQs
Audio
Soundtrack
Hints and Tips
Guides Cheats
User

Welcome, Guest. If you have an account, please log in below.

Login
Register

Need an account? Registration is now open!

Create an Account
GTAVice.net Background Image

GTA Trilogy Definitive Editions out now on mobile (Netflix) with upgrades and fixes?

Replies
Created
Views
Ant's Avatar Image
Posted
Posted

Just noticed that the mobile editions of the GTA Trilogy DE games are out and available through Netflix only. From quickly reading online there appears to be new "Classic" lighting and a range of new bug fixes. 

I was able to play a bit of Vice City and the difference is lighting is definitely noticeable and it looks like they finally fixed the map image for Starfish Island as well as the large tanker boat plank/entryway is now in the correct place with proper collision. 

Any one else tried these and can report any other big changes?

I would expect this would result in a patch soon for the other ports of the DE Games with the same fixes.

Psy's Avatar Image
Psy Staff
Posted (Edited)
Posted (Edited)

I've been playing GTA 3 all weekend on my iPad using a PS5 controller and even though I've already 100%ed it about 300 times, including Platinuming the definitive edition on PS4 and PS5, it's still amazing. Given there's no trophies or anything in the mobile version you can use cheats too. I actually discovered that you can copy and paste the cheats into the entry form (found in Accessibility settings) and it'll apply them all at once. For example I have this copied to my clipboard and paste it in every time I need to sort myself out:

"gunsgunsguns tortoise gesundheit skincancerforme nopoliceplease" - which gives all weapons, full armor, full health (including repairing the car you're in), makes it sunny and removes the wanted level.

You can also just copy and paste in "gunsgunsguns gunsgunsguns gunsgunsguns gunsgunsguns gunsgunsguns" to give yourself loads of ammo.

I used the cheats to get to the other islands right at the start of the game and already collected all 100 hidden packages, completed all Ambulance, Police, Firefighter and Taxi missions, all rampages and stunt jumps, all RC car missions and checkpoint grabbing missions. Only thing left is to play through the story now 😁

Edited by Psy
Ant's Avatar Image
Posted
Posted
Replying to Psy
Posted
I've been playing GTA 3 all weekend on my iPad using a PS5 controller and even though I've already 100%ed it about 300 times, including Platinuming the definitive edition on PS4 and PS5, it's still amazing. Given there's no trophies or anything in the mobile version you can use cheats too. I actually discovered that you can copy and paste the cheats into the entry form (found in Accessibility settings) and it'll apply them all at once. For example I have this copied to my clipboard and paste it in every time I need to sort myself out: "gunsgunsguns tortoise gesundheit skincancerforme nopoliceplease" - which gives all weapons, full armor, full health (including repairing the car you're in), makes it sunny and removes the wanted level. You can also just copy and paste in "gunsgunsguns gunsgunsguns gunsgunsguns gunsgunsguns gunsgunsguns" to give yourself loads of ammo. I used the cheats to get to the other islands right at the start of the game and already collected all 100 hidden packages, completed all Ambulance, Police, Firefighter and Taxi missions, all rampages and stunt jumps, all RC car missions and checkpoint grabbing missions. Only thing left is to play through the story now 😁 
Edited by Psy

Excellent find, and here was me just entering them one by one! Been playing through VC and absolutely prefer the classic lighting option they've provided.

Hi Guest! If you'd like to join in with the conversation, please Register for an account and Log In.