GTAVice.net
Navigation
Home What's New? News Forum Info FAQs
Audio
Soundtrack
Hints and Tips
Guides Cheats
User

Welcome, Guest. If you have an account, please log in below.

Login
Register

Need an account? Registration is now open!

Create an Account
GTAVice.net Background Image

New Colour Scheme & Logo Background

Replies
Created
Views
Psy's Avatar Image
Psy Staff
Posted (Edited)
Posted (Edited)

Hey all. Just a quick one. I've updated the website theme to match the official colours teased by Rockstar Games on their official site. On light mode the primary colour is blue (the left side of the header gradient), and on dark mode, the primary colour is orange (the right of the gradient).

Let me know if there's anything that looks strange or anything you think I should change.

Hope you like it!

Image Image

Edited by Psy
gtagrl's Avatar Image
gtagrl Staff
Posted
Posted

Hooray for Dark Mode!

TreeFitty's Avatar Image
TreeFitty Staff
Posted
Posted

Can we get some variations of the new logo? Like a transparent one for watermarks.

Example with iGTA logo:

Psy's Avatar Image
Psy Staff
Posted (Edited)
Posted (Edited)
Replying to TreeFitty
Posted
Can we get some variations of the new logo? Like a transparent one for watermarks. Example with iGTA logo:

I think this logo works well for watermarks. You could always make it slightly transparent if you wanted to. It depends on how big the image you're watermarking is. Obviously it's not ideal if the image is tiny but for screenshots and stuff I think this will work well and it's big enough to still read it on smaller devices.

Here's a completely transparent (no-fill) version, so you could add whatever colours you wanted to the inside but it's pretty hard to read it without any additional colours.

Here's a final one with a white stroke around the black stroke so it's easier to read on any background.

Edited by Psy
TreeFitty's Avatar Image
TreeFitty Staff
Posted (Edited)
Posted (Edited)

New pink on dark theme looks washed out.

Playing with a few colors sampled from the banner:

Edited by TreeFitty
Psy's Avatar Image
Psy Staff
Posted (Edited)
Posted (Edited)
Replying to TreeFitty
Posted
New pink on dark theme looks washed out. Playing with a few colors sampled from the banner: 
Edited by TreeFitty

The pink is actually one of Rockstar's colours from their GTA VI website. When you hover over the "watch trailer" button. I'll play around with some alternatives though if you don't like it.

I've darkened the Rockstar pink by around 5% which I think looks better (?). Anything too dark looks quite harsh on the eyes, at least on my screen.

Edited by Psy
TreeFitty's Avatar Image
TreeFitty Staff
Posted
Posted

Better

elija6266's Avatar Image
Posted
Posted

Thanks for sharing these insights mate as I found it very much useful and informative.

Hi Guest! If you'd like to join in with the conversation, please Register for an account and Log In.